Core Restore is a Cape Town based Mother & Daughter Pilates team, offering online and in-studio private & group mat-based Pilates classes. Passionate about movement and the human body, Core Restore offers a solution to all those aches & pains, as well as any mobility & flexibility issues, whilst strengthening your muscles and your core! The intimate studio, overlooking the tranquil gardens and rock pool water feature, allows for a holistic body healing experience.
The Online and Zoom-Live classes allow clients to join us from all over the world, to also be enriched by the value of investing in their health and their bodies. A unique offering of Core Restore is the in-depth knowledge we have of the Pelvic Floor, and any pelvic health problems, as well as breathing, alignment, and postural issues.
“If your spine is stiff at 30, you are old. If it is flexible at 60, you are young.” – Joseph Pilates
At Core Restore, our group classes allow for 4-8 clients, in a relaxed setting where we can guide and support you along your Pilates journey. The exercises are mat-based, although we also bring in small equipment such as the mini gym ball, resistance bands, the Thera band, the Pilates ring, vertical poles and small handheld weights. Using the principles of Pilates, we flow through each class using strengthening, toning, mobilizing and flexibility exercises to work the entire body. The focus is on precision of movement, along with posture, breathing and understanding the connection with the deep core as the foundation.
All newcomers start with an introduction to Pilates and a body assessment. During this session we go through the main principles, ensure that you understand the breathing, and can connect to the deep muscles of the pelvic floor and abdominals. We will put you through a range of basic exercises to observe how you move and to understand where there are any muscle imbalances, weakness, or inflexibility. If you have any pain or injuries, we will make a note of this and write up a report with a photo analysis to keep on record. This is important so we can monitor your progress.
Is Pilates right for me?
Pilates is right for EVERYONE!
- It is safe and low impact, therefore good for those struggling with injuries.
- Ideal for seniors due to the gentle approach, and option to layer and modify according to ability.
- Suitable for those with lower back pain or recovering from operations.
- An intense exercise programme for those that wish to push their bodies further and embrace the more challenging repertoire.
The benefits of doing Pilates are:
- Strengthens, tones, and develops long lean muscles.
- Increased mobility and flexibility.
- Improved posture and body awareness.
- Feeling physically and emotionally in tune with your body.